Friday, April 4, 2008

Teddy's Dream

I had always wanted to live and work in the Caribbean. I studied Caribbean history and culture, and I was completely fascinated with the cradle of America. Well, I tried and tried to find a meaningful job somewhere - anywhere. I had given up, then I got my chance. It has been a very young person's dream. I was middle-aged when I did get the chance. So, there I was on St. Croix. I had made it to paradise. What I found was a paradox. The story the will unfold here, with friends and others, is of paradise imagined. The story of who creates and who spoils paradise. The story of an environmental and of a human paradise and paradox.

2 comments:

Shaklee Lady said...

Paradise Indeed
This paradise I enjoy is a wondrous place despite it's "paradox".
A place where one has time to walk and dream, where cool breezes waft across your thoughts and salt water licks your footprints.
This is St. Croix.

Unknown said...

"...You call someplace paradise,
kiss it goodbye."
The Last Resort - The Eagles

 
Google